Clean Air in London (“We”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
By using the Site you are agreeing with the terms of this policy. If you do not agree with this policy please do not use the Site.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998, the data controller is Clean Air in London which is a company limited by guarantee, registered in England and Wales, with company number 07413769 and registered office address Thames House, Mere Park, Dedmere Road, Marlow, Buckinghamshire SL7 1PB.
1. Information that we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on www.cleanair.london (“the Site”).
- A record of any correspondence between you and us.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of your visits to the Site and the resources that you access.
2. IP addresses
We may collect information about your computer or mobile device. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual. We use this information for system administration and may report aggregate information to our supporters.
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer or mobile device. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your mobile device or computer’s hard drive.
|Facebook Social Plugins||datr, lu||Cookies used for sharing pages via the Facebook Social Plugin service. More information here -> http://en-gb.facebook.com/about/privacy/other|
|__utma, __utmb, __utmc, __utmz, guest_id, k||Cookies used for sharing pages via the Twitter service. More information here -> https://twitter.com/privacy|
|Share This||__stid, __uset||Cookies used for sharing pages via the ShareThis service. More information here -> http://sharethis.com/privacy|
|Google +1||NID, PREF||Cookies used for sharing pages via the Google +1 service. More information here -> http://www.google.com/intl/en/+/policy/+1button.html|
This website also uses the global cookies that Google Analytics produces.
If you do not wish us to place cookies on your computer or mobile device then you can find out how to control or delete cookies at AboutCookies.org.uk. However, if you opt out then then you may not be able to access all or parts of the Site and your experience may be adversely affected. Unless you have clicked to opt out you are agreeing that we may place the cookies listed above and our system will issue cookies when you visit the Site.
4. Where we store your personal data
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to the Site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use procedures and features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
5. Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from the Site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer or mobile device.
- To provide you with information or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
- We may also permit selected third parties to use your data to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our supporters, but we may provide them with aggregate information about our users (for example, we may inform them that 430 people from London aged under 30 have clicked on the Site on any given day). We may also use such aggregate information to help supporters reach the kind of audience they want to target (for example, men in SW2). We may make use of the personal data we have collected from you to enable us to display our communications to that target audience.
6. Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means subsidiaries, ultimate holding company and any subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If our company, or substantially all of our assets, are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by us about our customers will be one of the transferred assets.
7. Your rights
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by ticking certain boxes on forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at our registered office address Thames House, Mere Park, Dedmere Road, Marlow, Buckinghamshire SL7 1PB.
If you follow any links from the Site to any third party website, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
8. Access to information
You have the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
If you make an access request we may charge you a fee of £10 to cover our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.